Posted By: Niki Payne Date: 01-22-2019 Comments: 0
You both swiped right, and now you’ve got plans to meet. Before you get too excited for that upcoming date, remind yourself of your highest relationship intentions. Consider why you swiped right in the first place and whether or not she truly is a match for you. If she is, great! All you have to do next is make a great first impression when you finally meet. But how do you do that exactly? Well, if there’s one thing we can all learn from the movie “How to Lose A Guy in 10 Ways,” it’s that there were just as many ways to win a girl over.
10 ways to win her heart
1. Exude confidence. Speak fondly of yourself and directly about your relationship intentions; this saves you both time should you discover areas of misalignment.
2. Take initiative. Recognize when to take the lead or when to follow her lead to ensure you both feel safe in the relationship; if she chooses the venue, make reservations ahead of time.
3. Practice chivalry. Be kind, be courteous and respect her boundaries without ever compromising your own; be her dream guy, not her doormat.
4. Give her your undivided attention. Keep your cell phone off the table, and in your pocket where it rightfully belongs, and you’ll be sure to make a positive impression.
5. Take an interest in one of her passions. Be curious about her personal interests and find a point of connection that gives you both a glimpse into each other’s heart.
6. Make yourself available… within reason. Give your new relationship a winning chance by making it a priority in your weekly schedule and showing her how much she means to you.
7. Cook her dinner… and ask her to bring the dessert. Share your taste for romance using food as a gateway to the heart and let her define dessert however way she pleases.
8. Notice the small things. Pay attention to her likes and dislikes and surprise her pleasantly with small tokens of appreciation that show her you’ve been listening.
9. Speak in her language. Identify her primary love language and love her in ways she’ll actually listen; share with her your love language so she can reciprocate!
10. Show compassion. When conflicts inevitably arise, learn how to empathize with her concerns while expressing your own with love and integrity.
Depending on the woman who captures your attention and sustains your interest, there are a multitude of ways to win her heart. The magic formula for your special lady is yours alone to discover, but this short list can certainly make it easier.
Niki Payne is a freelance writer and certified hypnotherapist passionate about personal development and healthy relationships. She got her start as a dating blogger and lifestyle journalist before falling into a career in digital marketing. Now she’s in grad school getting a master’s in marriage and family therapy. She lives in Los Angeles and spends her free time singing karaoke, volunteering and sharing her latest musings at www.nikipayne.com.