Posted By: Niki Payne Date: 02-05-2019 Comments: 0
This year, America’s favorite Sweethearts (candy) is taking a break from Valentine’s Day. While this may leave some people speechless without a sugary way to say, “BE MINE” or “CALL ME”, others may find solace in a Valentine’s Day with one less cliché. Regardless of how you feel about the popular candy, there are plenty of other ways you can enjoy a sweet treat when you’re single on Valentine’s Day. Here are eight ways to be your own Valentine.
1. Do this Heart Meditation. If you’re open to the healing art of tantra, this meditation can help you get out of your head and into your heart. The meditation itself starts at about 12:45 in the video.
2. Color a love mandala. Embrace your inner child, and manifest your dream lover with crayons. Arielle Ford’s coloring book, Inkspirations Love by Design: Coloring the Divine Path to Manifest Your Soulmate is a great way to play with a concept known as the Law of Attraction.
3. Chant Da Ai for greatest love. For an alternative approach to transforming your relationships, you can embody the qualities of love itself with a daily chanting practice. It’s a form of meditation that gives you something to do, like singing a mantra. In this case, Da Ai means greatest love.
4. Write your own fairy tale. If creative writing is more your jam, then this exercise is a great way to rewrite your love story and fall in love with yourself the same way you want someone to fall in love with you.
5. Treat. Yo. Self. Maybe writing, singing, meditating and coloring aren’t really your thing. If Valentine’s Day has become the Christmas of love for you, and you’re not expecting a gift from someone special in your life, then go buy yourself something you don’t need and normally wouldn’t buy for yourself. You don’t need anyone else but you to treat yourself the way you want to be treated by others. You alone sent the standard for how you want to be treated. So treat yourself with love and kindness and find ways to nurture your mind, body, and soul.
6. Ask someone for a hug. Physical touch is a language of love not often spoken for some people. You never know who else in your world could use a simple hug to feel seen and loved. Asking for a hug is probably one of the easiest ways to be your own Valentine. If physical touch happens to be your love language, then maybe it’s time to start sharing your language of love with those who need it most.
I hope you enjoyed these six ways to become your own Valentine this year. There are dozens of ways to show yourself some love and to romance your soul the way a lover would your heart. These are just a few of my favorite heart-centered ways to do it. While some singles still believe that Valentine’s Day is reserved exclusively for couples, I myself have come to view it as a day to celebrate love in all its form—even self-love, which can be every bit as intoxicating as romantic love if you allow it to be. Become your own Valentine by loving yourself more than anyone else ever has before.
Niki Payne is a freelance writer and certified hypnotherapist passionate about personal development and healthy relationships. She got her start as a dating blogger and lifestyle journalist before falling into a career in digital marketing. Now she’s in graduate school pursuing a master’s degree in marriage and family therapy. She lives in Los Angeles and spends her free time singing karaoke, volunteering and indulging in the creative pursuits. She can be reached at www.nikipayne.com.